4-18-38 Tomato Formula
4-18-38 Tomato Formula
Our 4-18-38 tomato formula is well-suited for for both soil based and hydroponic growing. Ideal for tomatoes, peppers, leafy greens and more! As with all of our water-soluble formulas, our 4-18-38 completely dissolves in water with no fallout and won’t clog sprayers or automated fertilizer delivery systems.
4-18-38 Tomato Formula Guaranteed Analysis
|Total Nitrogen (N)|
3.5% Nitrate Nitrogen
0.5% Ammoniacal Nitrogen
|Available Phosphate (P2O5)||18%|
|Soluble Potash (K2O)||38%|
|Magnesium (Mg) (Total)|
0.50% Water Soluble Magnesium (Mg)
0.05% Chelated Copper (Cu)
0.40% Chelated Iron (Fe)
0.20% Chelated Manganese (Mn)
0.05% Chelated Zinc (Zn)
- Plant nutrients derived from: potassium nitrate, potassium phosphate, ammonium phosphate, potassium chloride, magnesium sulfate, boric acid, copper EDTA, iron DTPA, manganese EDTA, sodium molybdate, zinc EDTA.
- Potential Basicity: 209 lbs. Calcium Carbonate Equivalent Per Ton.
See charts below for ratios to mix 4-18-38 with Magnesium Sulfate (Epsom Salt) & Calcium Nitrate.
- Choose desired amount of final solution to determine mixing rate.
- Dissolve the appropriate quantity of 4-18-38 Masterblend Tomato Formula in water using the rates above.
- Add the appropriate quantity of Magnesium Sulfate to the solution and completely dissolve.
- Add the appropriate quantity of Calcium Nitrate to the solution and completely dissolve.
Note: Use half rates above during initial growth until seedlings are well established.
4-18-38 Formula Mixing Ratios - Gallons of water
|Gallons of Water||4-18-38 (g)||Magnesium Sulfate (g)||Calcium Nitrate (g)
4-18-38 Formula Mixing Ratios - Litres of water
|Litres of Water||4-18-38 (g)||Magnesium Sulfate (g)||Calcium Nitrate (g)
Directions for Use
Mix 8 oz. of 4-18-38 in 100 gallons of water along with 5 oz. of Magnesium Sulfate. Completely dissolve. Then add 8 oz. of Calcium Nitrate and completely dissolve. Apply 1 quart per square foot as a normal watering on a 1 to 2 week basis. Adjust PH to 6.4 – 7.7.
Mix 8 oz. of 4-18-38 in 100 gallons of water, along with 4 oz. of Magnesium Sulfate. Completely dissolve. Then add 6 oz. of Calcium Nitrate and completely dissolve. Apply on a 2 – 3 week basis.
Maximum Solubility: 3.5 lbs. Per gallon.
Use this product only after a thorough water quality analysis has been performed. Discuss results with an expert. Weekly testing may be necessary. Be certain to monitor media quality as well. Soil and plant tissue analysis are also recommended.